Northern Lights Trek, St Giles Hospice Care
Date: 9th-13th March 2022
Duration: 5 days
Location: Southern Iceland
Registration fee: £299
Minimum sponsorship: £3,150
Join #TeamStGiles for our Northern Lights Trek
Explore a land of incredible contrast and natural beauty as you take on a trek to support your local hospice. Experience the wild volcanic landscapes, mountains, glaciers, hot springs, geysers, and waterfalls of southern Iceland on this 5 day Northern Lights trek.
There will be snow underfoot so it’s challenging walking, but no technical expertise is required as you take in the sights of this beautiful region in winter.
Staying in huts miles from the nearest big towns, the dark skies will offer a great chance of seeing the spectacular Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) each evening – an unforgettable experience to share with friends, family, or colleagues!
- Day 1: Depart London to Keflavik
- Day 2: Lake Þingvallavatn
- Day 3: Around Hveragerði
- Day 4: Geothermal Valley
- Day 5: Fly from Reykjavik to London
A good entry-level grade, perfect for your first challenge. Keep in mind that this is a challenge and everyone will find elements of the trip difficult at some point, whether it is the physical trekking, the cold temperatures, or missing home comforts. While there are many challenges, the enjoyment and rewards that come from trekking the wild volcanic landscapes in Iceland are unforgettable!
Sign up on your own or with friends, family, or colleagues to be a part of #TeamStGiles. After registration, we will support you every step of the trek, with information on effective training, fundraising and sponsorship tips, kit lists, local information, and answer any questions you might have.
- Flights from London to Reykjavik (Keflavik) return and all transport
- All meals (except where specified), and hut accommodation
- Leaders; doctor (group size dependent); local mountain guides and drivers
- Vehicle support and backup equipment
- Entry to any sites visited as part of the itinerary
- Airline taxes
- Any meals specified ‘not included in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Personal spending money, souvenirs, and drinks
- Tips for the local guides and support crew
- Inbound airport departure tax (no tax applied at the time of writing)
- Fees for any optional sites, attractions, or activities (for example spa visit – allow approx. £70 if booked in advance)