About St Margarets Hospice
About This Shop
St Margaret’s Hospice Care has been at the heart of Somerset’s community for over 39 years, delivering high quality, responsive and compassionate care to patients and their families facing a life-limiting illness.
At St Margaret’s Hospice Care we are:
patient centred, compassionate, respectful, brave, self-aware, informed and driven.
These values weave through everything we do.
Whether it is for one day or several weeks, the time patients spend at the hospice is precious and cherished by their families. Through our medical expertise, nursing skills and specialist support services, we provide physical, emotional and spiritual care to our patients and their loved ones.
With two hospice sites; one in Yeovil and one in Taunton, as well as five community based teams caring for patients in their own homes, we continually strive to reach everyone in the community that needs our care, often during their precious last days.
St Margaret’s Hospice is dedicated to making each day count for all of our patients and their families. We aim to ensure that they always achieve what they want; from arranging an on-site wedding and a ride on a Harley Davidson, to simply enabling a patient to pet a hedgehog for the first time.
To provide high quality, responsive care to patients and their families facing a life-limiting illness.
A community in which all dying people and those close to them have access to appropriate care and support, when they need it, wherever they need it and whoever they are.
Our Key Messages
· St Margaret’s Hospice Care is a Somerset charity – we are not part of the NHS
· We care for people with any life-limiting illness – not just cancer
· We support families and carers as well as patients
· Last year St Margaret’s Hospice cared for 3,800 people
· The majority of people are cared for in their own homes
· Over 1,200 volunteers help us care for people at the end of their lives
· 1 in 5 of our patients receive care, thanks to gifts in wills